Eleven little things
No mês passado, a talentosa e amorosa Jessica do blogue Look Closer atribuiu-me um Liebster award, o que significa que devo responder a onze perguntas feitas por ela e partilhar onze coisas sobre a minha pessoa. Por razões práticas, escrevi tudo em inglês (se quiserem que eu traduza para português, é só dizerem). Aqui vai!
Last month, the talented and lovely Jessica from Look Closer nominated me for a Liebster award, which means I must answer eleven questions made by her and share eleven things about myself. For practical reasons, I wrote it all in english. Here goes!
Taken with a Yashica FX-3 Super 2000 using Kodak Ultramax 400iso
- What photographic camera do you use? My analog cameras are a Yashica FX-3 Super 2000 (the one I use the most), a Canon EOS 500N and a Rolleicord VB (my most recent crush!). For my digital photos I use a Panasonic Lumix FZ45.
- Favorite model? I really like girls who look confident and cool, and since I can't pick one I must say Freja Beha Erichsen, Sara Blomqvist, Karmen Pedaru and Joan Smalls.
- Favorite International Photographer and National Photographer? This is tricky, because even though I'm becoming more and more passionate about taking photos, I find that I prefer to look at photos taken by amateur photographers that just snap images of their daily lives, so I don't have that many names that I can reference as this or that major photographer. But I'm currently in love with Vivian Maier (go and check it out, it's worth it!).
- What time of photography do you prefer? Whenever I'm out with a camera in my hand (as you can see, I ponder so much on the important side of things). This is why sometimes I make stupid mistakes, I click before I think.
- Do you like to take pictures or that people take pictures of you? I hate having my picture taken, 'cause I often look quite stupid, so yeah I much rather just take pictures.
- If you were a celebrity, who would you be? Oh my, I would love to be Frida Kahlo (not the most pain-free kind of life, but she was so interesting that I'll take my chances).
- High-Fashion or Weird-Fashion? High-Fashion.
- Favorite clothe store? I'm really not an avid shopper and the proof is that I can't even remember the last time I bought a piece of clothing. That being said I once got into an Anthropologie store in London (after being constantly amazed by their online store and catalogs) and could have stayed there forever.
- Best shoe brand? I really don't know. I'm the kind of person that's happy wearing beaten up Converse sneakers almost every day (clearly the fashion expert I am).
- Favorite place ever? I have to say a beach house in Mozambique where I spent the best vacation ever when I was a teenager. Two weeks of pure bliss. We would spend the days swimming in the sea, watching sunsets on the terrace, playing guitar and singing.
- Where do you see yourself having a big house? I don't know, I think I haven't found a place that appealed that much to me that I would say: "One day, I want to have a big house right here!". I know I would love to be somewhere close to water and surrounded by nature.
- I love to sing, but was always too self-conscious to pursue it as a career.
- I hate to throw away stuff that still works, and that's the story of how I've been using the same computer for over 10 years (and I think about destroying it with a hammer every single day).
- I'm messy and I hate cleaning, so let's just say my bedroom isn't fit for people that are very organized and/or have allergies and/or have asthma (and these are all characteristics of a very dear friend of mine who, fortunately for her, hasn't been in my room in years).
- I don't like people with bad manners. The words "please" and "thank you" will take you far, trust me.
- My guitar has been abandoned in a corner for years, but last week I decided to start playing again (I was never the most amazing of guitar players, so it's been a slow start).
- I love to travel! I could do it every month, if I had the money for it.
- I love to listen to my dad's old jazz records, especially when I'm cooking.
- Dancing makes me extremely happy. And when I do it to the sound of Bruce Springsteen, I'm even happier.
- I'm lazy. It's the sad truth.
- Sometimes, when I'm in a conversation with someone, I tend to start thinking about many other things, and that's how I end up forgetting a lot of important stuff. Ask my friends if they're not tired of having to repeat the same things to me over and over again.
- I love fog and thunderstorms.